What personal data do we store?
We store the following categories of personal data:
- Contact details such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and personal id number if we need this for invoicing.
- We use camera surveillance in our physical store to prevent crime and provide security for our customers and employees.
- Payment details and payment history
- Order and invoice information
- Written email communication made with our customer service
When you visit our online store or click on our newsletter, we use automated data collection technologies to collect certain information about your activities. This includes information such as which products you click on and how long you stay on a particular page. This information is collected automatically using cookies (browser cookies, flash cookies) and web beacons, as well as third-party tracking services.
Why do we store your personal data?
- We use your personal data in connection with purchases in order to identify you, to manage deliveries to you and to process payments from you. Your personal data is also confirmed with external parties, such as Klarna and shipping companies.
- We also keep your order details to deal with any complaints and warranty issues regarding products and to provide you with quotes.
- Newsletters are sent to email addresses where the user has agreed to receive our newsletter.
- Email communications made with our customer service are kept as evidence of contract fulfilment and to clear up any misunderstandings.
- We store information about how customers behave on our website so that we can improve the customer experience and enhance the performance of our website.
Where do we store your data?
We store your data in our online shop and in our business system if you have purchased online or if you have ordered manually by phone or email, only in our business system. If you have emailed our customer service, we will also save the email on our email server. Data on IP address and mobile devices etc. are stored and processed in Google Analytics.
Who has access to your data?
We never forward, sell or exchange your personal data for marketing purposes to third parties outside Sekelskifte. When data is shared with third parties, this is only to provide our services to you such as:
- Freight companies when handling deliveries to and from you
- Payment service companies when handling your payment
- Credit reference agencies for identity and credit checks and debt collection agencies
Please note that several of these companies have an independent right or obligation to process your personal data.
Personal data is stored in password-protected systems.
Your personal data will only be processed by authorised staff as part of the performance of their duties and depending on the purposes for which your personal data has been collected (customer service personnel have access to your data in the customer register, among other things).
How long do we retain your data?
We retain your address details for as long as you are an active customer. We also retain data for 36 months after your last purchase or contact with us. Email communication with our customer service is also retained for 36 months. We save this information in order to, among other things, handle complaints as well as possible.
IP addresses are stored for 26 months from the date of your last visit to our online store.
What are your rights?
Right of access and transfer of data (data portability)
As a customer, you have the right to request an extract of the data we at Sekelskifte have retained about you, free of charge. If you want this information, we will send it to you by e-mail.
Right to rectification
Of course, you also have the right to request rectification of your personal data if it is inaccurate or if you wish to complete incomplete personal data.
Right to erasure
At any time, you have the right to have all personal data processed by Sekelskifte erased, except for the following situations:
- If you have made a purchase, we store your personal data in connection with the transaction for accounting purposes.
- You have an ongoing customer service issue or a pending order that has not yet been shipped in full.
- You have an unpaid debt with Sekelskifte or your debt has been sold to a third party in the last three years.
- You have been at some point over the past three years suspected of abusing our services.
Right to refuse processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.Sekelskifte will then not process your personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate reason for the process that overrides your interests and rights or due to legal claims.
Right to refuse marketing
You have the right to refuse direct marketing such as email newsletters. You can opt out of direct marketing by following the instructions at the bottom of the newsletters.
If you believe that we are processing your personal data in breach of applicable regulations, please notify us as soon as possible. You can also contact the Swedish Data Protection Authority directly if you have a complaint about our personal data processing. If you have any comments regarding your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team by phone 8-41 93 25 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.